Saturday, July 31, 2010

Blackberry OS Upgrade... for airtel users

Just a question to all. > Why Cant Indian Mobile phone Carriers Release New OS ?

Now today let me start by asking you "Why cant Indian Carriers release the OS that is available outside of India."

For example the OS 5 when I heard about it I was very excited but I was disappointed because it was not available by AirTel (the carrier I use).

So then i started researching and took the big risk of downloading a US carrier OS and updated my Blackberry and then will the process was going smooth....... My berry BRICKED..........

Then again I started researching then i found that the process can only be done on a Windows and since i am on a Mac i was disappointed yet again.........

Though I did not give up. Then after a couple of weeks I was astonished by the experiment I wiped my device and installed a BRAND new OS and it worked and I was really happy but sad as well because once again I say "When Will Indian Carriers Launch OS 5" hopefully for the coming up OS 6 Indian Carriers will "hopefully" launch the OS......

So here is the procedure - Pls try at your own risk.

1st. You Download The OS 5

2nd. You Backup The Device [ very essential]

3rd. You Go Into Local Disk C, Program Files, Research In Motion, Apploader, And Delete Vendor.XML (ONLY IF THE OS IS NOT SUPPORTED BY YOUR CARRIER)

4th. Once Deleted Then You Run Apploader.EXE In The Same Folder And Connect You BB To Computer And Follow On Screen Instructions And Done!!!

5th. Restore Your Device And Do A Few Battery Pulls (2-3) And Done Just To Make The Device Smoother After OS Install.

And them you will have a new OS 5 also please beware that some of your themes may not come back so you might have to download new themes but as they say "There is always a Advantage in a Disadvantage!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Few things that alot of people talk about if you own a BlackBerry or not doesnt matter!!!
OTA or "over the air"
a link that can be accessed from your mobile device's browser. Your file will download directly to your device "Over The Air"

OS
This is your Blackberry's operating system. The tour released with version 4.7 and now can be updated to 5.0. The version of your OS can effect the type of theme you can install.

Today or "hidden today"
A feature in the theme that lists either calendar items or unread messages when you scroll over corresponding icons.
Today is a type of default layout that shows messages and calendar icons along with the "today" lists, separate from the standard icons.

QuickLaunch/QL
QuickLaunch is a great paid ($4.99) app that launches a menu on your homescreen that has a list of shortcuts to various apps, and links for easy access. Most of my themes launch this app (if you have QL installed) when you hit the spacebar on your keypad.

Wallpaper Friendly
This just means the theme allows full or nearly full visibility of your background image, or wallpaper.